October Afternoon Pack...

Sunday, May 2, 2010

All things new... yep, my New Years resolution is in action again... I have never had the opportunity to use October Afternoon before until now and I must say... WOW! How beautiful are these papers? The Scrapville monthly pack was filled with the adorable 'Cherry Hill' collection from October Afternoon with co-ordinating extras including mini alphas, buttons, ric rac, hessian, etc
I had a wonderful play last night and even dabbled in a little bit of paper rolling... gotta love this technique, it is soon becoming one of my favourites (at the moment)!

Now, the pic in this layout is rather special... over the Easter just gone we had family come to the farm. We decided to light a little campfire for the holiday and indulge in a spot of fishing as we have a creek that runs right past our back door. We decided to drag out my old 'manky' couch which soon became quite a popular resting place and a great place to soak up the sun, read a newspaper and indulge in a toasted marshmallow or two. The farmer sat down for a relax and was instantly swamped by two children that just loved to have dad sitting still for a change instead of going round and round the paddocks. I looked out the window and saw that they had both snuggled up to him and were simply enjoying the moment... I made a mad dash for the camera as I didn't want to miss it... a precious moment in time! A minute later one of the fishing rods started to jiggle and the moment was gone!

Aren't these little die-cut bees from the October Afternoon "Cherry Hill" collection just the cutest! I'm so glad I've finally had the opportunity to dabble with this amazing product and let me tell you... it won't be the last time!
From farm to you...

12 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous layout and lovely story to go with it. You always inspire me and I love to come and see what you've been up to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty!
    I loved them both!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Melinda!!! love both LO's equally, they are stunning. You are a fire at the moment honey. Love & hugs Clare xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh heavens Melinda...your paper rolling is just something else!!! So painstakingly done..wonderful!! But what a splendid LO as well. Your farmstay LO is just fabulous with your tiny scallops, & 'road'.

    On another note...I might try to ring Janet, I dont think my emails are getting through to her..mmmm

    Clare says 'you are a fire' & I reckon she is so right!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another Gorgeous layout Melinda, you are just super talented.

    ReplyDelete
  6. how cute are they- jst stunning as always Melinda :)love your work
    Melxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous LO's Melinda! and absolutely LOVE that paper rolling!! looks awesome!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super layout Melinda! The paper rolling looks awesome and that fishing photo is too precious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE the paper rolling!!! It looks fabulous! Your fishing layout is too adorable!!! Fabulous projects!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Melinda - I saw this in store today - WOWSERS. Do you ever get it wrong? Hope you don't mind, but I put a link to your blog from my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!! Look at the rolled paper!
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE this. its been a while since i scrapped so Thankyou for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  12. Today I check out the first layout and now I could see the most beautiful Paper rolling I ever seen!
    Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!
    Gorgeous!
    Hugs from Brazil!
    Aline Fonseca

    ReplyDelete