The big roll out...

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Imaginisce have been on a roll lately with new products hitting the shops week after week and the latest release are the new Roly flowers. They've included a new line of paper flowers with warm colours, cool colours and neutrals containing book paper and music paper which always remain popular within the industry. And my favourites are the new fabric flowers including denim, pink swirl and text print with a larger roller tool to allow for the thicker medium.



All this week the Imaginisce design team will be showcasing their projects using the new floral collection and my project is up on the Imaginisce blog today! I've had this glass bauble sitting on my desk waiting for my box to arrive and my ideas have changed dramatically every time I've looked at it... I never imagined that I'd end up with this...


At first I didn't quite know what to do with a glass ball that had a hole in it, until I had a sudden bright idea to fill it with vanilla scented oil... the colouring came later after I'd chosen the flowers and realised that the clear liquid didn't make much of an impact and was almost impossible to photograph.


Another fun element to my bauble was the addition of the new solid white hot glue using the i-bond that were supposed to represent a similar effect to melted drips of candle-wax... I didn't quite get the right look but I'm happy with it regardless.

So how did I make my vanilla scented bauble:

STEP 1:
Turn your i-bond on so it's hot and ready to go. Take one glass bauble (purchased at my local florest) with hole for liquid and give it a good clean with methylated spirits.


STEP 2.
Working from the centre of your bauble back towards the top, start melting lines of the solid white glue. I used a technique similar to cake decorating... place the first drop of glue where you want it to begin and then lift the glue up and off the bauble and then lay it down as you go to create a straight and neat line rather than trying to glue it directly onto the bauble which will cause wobbles from even the steadiest hands.


STEP 3.
Set your bauble aside... I sat mine in a large cup to dry. Choose your flowers and begin to separate them from their die-cut backing. I used a combination of the new Roly Rosie Neutrals and Roly Rosie Cool Colours.


STEP 4.
Using the roller tool begin loosely rolling your flower from the outer edge into the centre circle where you will add a dob of hot glue to fix your flower into place.



STEP 5.
I like to roll my petals around the shaft of the tool just to give them a neat rolled effect before sanding off the little tabs with the d-stress tool. At this stage you can add some glitter or ink to the edges of your flowers. I left mine as I was after a fairly neutral appearance.


STEP 6.
I added staimens to the centre of my flowers by adding a dob of hot glue to the ends and poking them into the flower with a pair of tweezers.



STEP 7.
Time for decorating... firstly I sat my bauble back into the large cup. I then cut a few leaves using my Cricut and the 'Straight from the Nest' cartridge along with some of the cute brown polka dot paper from the Berrylicious collection. Using the i-bond I attached the flowers and leaves around the top of the bauble before filling with the scented oil. I used a small kitchen funnel to add the oil. Lastly I attached a long ribbon to the bauble for ease of hanging it place.


I hope I have inspired you to think a little bit outside the box and create something that is a little different and smells wonderful. My bauble is now hanging over my scrappy space!

Don't forget I have my GIVE-AWAY for all the Imaginisce new release i-rock accessories and tool which you can enter HERE.



From farm to you... Melinda x

15 comments:

  1. So beautiful! What a creative idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow your light bulb moment rocks, this is just stunning, I adore this gorgeous creation and I just have to get myself some of those roly poly flowers, I will have a look around the stores, if you could give me the heads up as to where I could find them I would be super interestes. Beautiful. Melxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW.....Melinda that is AMAZING!!!! Just stunning!!! T4S

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melinda that is absolutely so pretty! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love, love, love this project! What a great idea! Thanks for sharing! I am a new follower!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. just picking my mouth up from the table....

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW Melinda you did a fantastic job on all the flowers and I love this and Hope to try it soon. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous idea Melinda the glue looks fantastic. PS yummo my favourite vanilla

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute! You have the greatest imagination! Love your creativity.
    The posies are so pretty. The different colours and patterned papers really add so much to the design.
    Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow!! so beautiful!!! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. All I can say is wow this is absolutely beautiful. I will definately be scraplifting this idea. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is very beautiful! you are so creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Melinda,

    I came to your blog to leave a message and was blown away by all your work !!!!!

    I loved your layout "Growing up" for MLS. I made one very similar to the Scrapdiary DT, and gave the credits, with a link to your blog.
    I hope you do not mind and enjoy the tribute!!

    Thank you for the inspiration!!!

    Carol Figueiredo

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is totally amazing...what a fantastic idea

    ReplyDelete