Okay, I have made it through to the fifth round of challenges at Creative Girls @ Scrap n Craft With T. And OMG what a challenge... I had to read it about three times before I got the everything that it required. Have a read of what the criteria was...
The Recycle It Challenge week is all about using your ingenuity.
There are so many items that we can incorporate into our scrapping, and every time we create, we make ourselves an item of pure brilliance.This week’s challenge will find you testing the boundaries if you have not already done so. So here are the rules:
• Use toilet rolls – you can prepare these by microwaving for approximately 20-50 seconds
• Use something metallic tin foil or silver patty pans on your project
• Use 3 types of visible ‘paper clipping’ – staples, a variety of paperclips, safety pins, pins, brads etc
• Use a handle on your project – you can create this or buy a readymade handle. It does not need to be functional it can be purely for an aesthetic look
• Use tags in your project
• Distress your project – help age it by 'roughing up the paper & inking
• Bind your project – you can do this with various methods but there should be some form of binding shown on your project
• Use stamping
• Use stitching
• You are to use NO flowers on your project
What an amazing challenge! So after much pondering I decided to do a 'secret mini album' just for me, containing my favourite pics of my husband and I before we were married. I used the toilet roll cut in strips to quill the emblem on the front cover, I rescued the foil from inside the tin of milo to etch and emboss the corners, handle and inside cover, various paper clipping, tags, lots of distressing, I bound it, I stamped it and I stitched it and I didn't use any flowers, not one single solitary little flower (and boy was that hard).
I almost think that I'd be a little too scared to move on to the final round because if this challenge was anything to go by, I'd hate to see next week.
Thanks for sharing this with me!
From farm to you...Melinda x