Gone barking mad...

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

For those of you who know me you will know that I am not the fastest scrapper in the world... quite the opposite really! I've been known to take over 24 hours to make one card - seriously it was a really involved card LOL!
So when I read my next Pebbles assignment I was slightly taken aback at the thought of having to produce a project that could be made in 30 minutes... Oh my goodness was this not going to be easy!
So, I set to task conjuring up all sorts of ideas that would be possible in half an hour... nothing came to mind, not even an ATC! Then my daughter asked me to make something for a friend's pooch who'd had a rough time of late and she came up with the idea of a goody bag full of his favourite snacks!
I was going to have to plan like crazy, have the bag template at the ready, choose all the papers and embellishments, sharpen my tools, clean my board and be prepared for a mad frenzied assault on my project.
Well hello doggy treat bag made in 28 minutes and 33 seconds! Mind you, the mess on our dining table took a whole lot longer to clean up! I used the super cute new Cats & Dogs collection from Pebbles and cut out a bone shape in the template before placing a piece of strong clear acetate inside to create the window. Add a chipboard bone and tag, some sweet Pebbles ribbon for a carry handle and a couple of white candy dots to finish the embellishing before chalking around all the edges as an added highlight. I still can't believe I did it!
Now if you would like to see more projects created in under 30 minutes head over to the Pebbles blog to see what other DT members have conjured up in a mad dash!
From farm to you...

8 comments:

  1. This is so adorable!!! You did it, and it looks marvelous my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable Melinda....You are sure one talented lady.....:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super gorgeous Melinda & how clever & swift too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melinda - can you send me one to send to my sister who has dogs instead of kids - LOL! She would adore this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this Melinda......i fell of my chair when i read the time frame though pmsl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Liz: How about I send you the template because I think the doggy biscuits would shut down border control! LOL!
    Helen: Ye of little faith! :)

    ReplyDelete