Christmas cards on the go...

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Can you believe how fast Christmas is approaching?
I decided that I would really try and get my Christmas cards made ahead of time this year to avoid the last minute panic... and I'm pleased to say that I have a nice little pile mounting. This card will be added to that pile!




Imaginisce and Glue Arts are in the midst of a fun product swap so I was able to play with the fabulous adhesives from Glue Arts including the Glue Glider which makes life so much easier when mounting cards... loved it!

Using the Glue Arts Raise n's that came in the 3D combo pack, I took each little square of clear adhesive and attached it to the top of my candle shape and then stretched it to varying lengths and rolled the edges in to give an extra dimension.
I then added some glitter which stuck to the adhesive square drips beautifully, however I never trust glitter to stay where it belongs so I added a spray of hair-spray to set the glitter in place (thanks Lori for the tip)!
I decided to add a hint of chalking to the card to form the basis for the candle flame... I love using Pebbles chalks in preference to inks because I can rub them out if I make a mistake (which happens quite often).

Don't forget to pop over to the Imaginisce blog HERE and the Glue Arts Blog HERE to enter the blog hop give-aways!

From farm to you...

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Melinda...Love how you did the wax on the candle :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a bit more fancy than mine are going to be! Gorgeous card! Yes, I think it is time to get started . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi.. wow. the card is beautiful.. and thanks for the tips.. love how you have done the candle..

    ReplyDelete
  4. brilliant and beautiful!!! love the tip - thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This turned out just beautifully!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this was my fave on the glue arts blog today
    LOVE the candle drippings!--how clever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW beautiful card - very creative TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty card! I love the candle with the drips and the chalk makes the flame look so soft and muted which goes perfectly on your card. I like how your stretched the glue squared down to create the glittered dimension. Fun idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a smart way to use glue to make candle drippings. Great card and great idea. Two amazing companies. patnbobcuddy at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. fabulous card! such a great tip to highlight the candle wax

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh goodness, glad you pulled those flowers out again as they were some of my favorite. Wish they still made stuff like that to go with their collections! Nice work on your project :)

    ReplyDelete