Hand-made and loving it!

Thursday, February 16, 2012

I will be the first to admit that I haven't really dabbled much with hand-made embellishments... and don't get me wrong, it hasn't been from lack of want! I guess that my design team work to-date has kept me busy with manufactured products and set the tone for the way I've scrapped. That is until now... I'm so delighted to be part of the 'Greatest View' design team - owned by the gorgeous Gail Lindner who makes and creates the sweetest hand-made embellishments teamed with beautifully co-ordinated pieces she finds from all over the globe.


This is the layout that I created with just a handfull of the beautiful Greatest View February release and the gorgeous Pebbles Inc Fresh Goods papers ... and I must say, it is definitely a different style than what I'm used to and took me a whole lot longer than normal because I felt out of my comfort zone a little. And I think this is the first time I've ever added blobs of paint to a layout. :)


And although it is different, I still kept little pieces of 'me'... three layered photos and my flower punches were hard at work again.







Here's the Greatest View products that I used:

Full product list:
Greatest View Fabric Flower Set (Pink and Orange)
Greatest View Chevron Badges
Greatest View Twine (Natural and Ivory)
Greatest View Kraft Sampler Set
Greatest View Bags (Kraft Dots, Kraft Stripes, Glassine)
Greatest View Ivory Pins
Pebbles Fresh Goods - Simple Joys, Mom & Pop, Rain Check
Pebbles Earth Tones Chalk
Doodlebug Mini Rub-Ons (Bon Bon & Beetle Black)
Kaisercraft Rub-Ons (Timeless, Treasures, Dreams, Friendship, Secret Bird Society)
EZ Cut - Embossing Folder (Large Spot)
Couture Creations - Embossing Folder (Entangle)
Kindy Glitz (Slick White)
E K Success Retro Flower Punch (Small and Tiny)
Paper Xtra Pearls

Gail has posted my layout on the Greatest View blog today with further hints/tips/photos on how I put it together. You can also find the products I used for sale in the Greatest View shop HERE. Don't forget to become a follower so you can keep up-to-date with the next releases.

From farm to you...

20 comments:

  1. you paint blob beautifully. This layout is beautiful. The "tiling" adds a beautiful crispness that is perfectly softened by the palette and embellies. Its just stunning

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll say it again . . . this layout is stunning! I could just take it all in for ages - so many details! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How elegant and beautiful! So much to see. It's one of those deceptive LOs that seem so simple at first until you really look at it and keep discovering all the beautiful details and techniques you have used. I love the texture of the papers and the simple flowing lines of all the black rubons. Simply gorgeous!!!
    Thank you for sharing and the inspiration!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOu should pop out of your comfort zone more often Melinda because this is just STUNNING.....every little detail i s just perfect!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah Lou and Auntie Em took the words right out of my mouth. This is stunning, Melinda!! You have such a beautiful style. By the way, being I can't find them anywhere else here, I loaded up my cart at sb.com with all those wonderful Kaisercraft rub ons. I just love them. They have such great inspirational sayings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl this is incredibly beautiful!!! love the depth & dimension and the detailed work that you ALWAYS put on your layouts! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow this layout is STUNNING....i love it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Already commented over at GV - but didn't realise you were 'out of the comfort zone'...it certainly doesn't show:):) I took your leaf-string idea a bit further, thank you! And made petals with it. Not easy, I must say...TFS:):)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This page is absolutely GORGEOUS! I love all the details you've put into it - the embossed squares, the pearls...and I think the "blobs of paint" are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So lovely. The patchwork style is great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. 'SWOON" - yet again I'm looking at one of your layouts Melinda and thinking 'I wish I could do that'! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. absolutely gorgeous!! thanks for the inspiration-i love it!!!

    sarabeth

    ReplyDelete
  13. It might be different from you usual style Melinda but I LOVE it!! I am convinced you will never create anything I won't love. Lol!!
    Hope you have wonderful week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. whaou, une page magnifique, tout en douceur ... J'adore !!!
    So beautiful...
    Bizz

    ReplyDelete
  15. More ideas for me to scraplift from you - how you used the flower stamp & rub-ons on adjacent pieces of paper!

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is stunning and beautiful, I thought it was stamping, but, it's rub ons :)

    ReplyDelete