Little Yellow Bicycle + Faber-Castell...

Friday, June 14, 2013

Are you rubbing your eyes and finding it hard to believe what you are seeing? Have you just checked the top of this blog to make sure it's the Scrap Farm? Yes, you are not seeing things...it really is a MINI album and it really is mine. Ha, wonders will never cease!

Welcome to my blog!
Today I'm sharing my little family mini album that was created using Little Yellow Bicycle's (LYB) 'Poppy' collection and Faber-Castell (F-C) Aquarelle pencils. The two manufacturers have been locked in a product merge this week and both blogs have been a hive of bright and Summery inspiration.


I have used a LYB canvas covered chipboard album which was the ideal medium for the gorgeous FC Gelatos. I'm seriously going to have to get more of these creamy little sticks of colourful fun because they are amazing.

I started by adding some texture paste to my canvas cover by using a chevron template and then colouring over the whole area with the gelatos. I dipped a wide brush into water and set about spreading the gelato colour across the canvas to create an ombre effect radiating from the centre outward. I also coloured the LYB canvas butterfly using the Aquarelle watercolor pencils from F-C and again blending the colours using a wet brush.


At the start of this year I made a conscious decision to work on my journaling, I mean, that's why we scrap isn't it? To preserve the memories. And what good is making a photo look all pretty if we can't remember when it was taken, who was in it and what was happening on the day. So, I signed myself up for the Textuality course at Big Picture Classes run by Amy Sorenson and I have been surprised at how much I've learned in such a short time. I'll be unstoppable now... just you watch me. LOL!



I have printed my journaling onto vellum as I didn't want to lose the gorgeous patterns of the paper underneath. It creates a softer feel too!







Faber-Castell - Mix & Match Yellow Gelatos Colors and Clear Stamp
Faber-Castell - Mix & Match Green 9 Art Grip Aquarelle Watercolor Pencils

Doodlebug Mini Pearls - Beetle black
Texture Paste
Mister Huey's Opaque White
Ribbon

GIVE-AWAY
Don't forget to head over to the Little Yellow Bicycle blog HERE to enter the prize draw for $100 worth of goodies.
post signature

9 comments:

  1. So beautiful Melinda, I have enjoyed every minute reading about your babies. You are such a gorgeous Mum and they are so blessed to have you. Your work is amazing and love everything that you do. Give those babies and yourself big hugs from me won't you!!!!. Love Clare xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous!!! I too have enjoyed reading about your three munchkins. I can relate to what you said about Teddy being a surprise but completing your family. It was that way for us with our Ben. My Ben LOVES playing in dirt and digging and has quite the imagination. He also twirls his hair when he's tired. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really interesting readying your kiddo journaling & they'll LOVE it as they look back on it, I'm sure. And good on you doing a mini...& yep! FC products ROCK...I just won a few & have really been enjoying them!!!!
    I mind my 13 month old GrandBoy every Friday. And YUP! Coasters picked up, carted somewhere else, dropped & forgotten....fly swat carried around & cushions disdainfully flung onto the floor...*sigh*...so thought I was PAST all that years ago LOL...but wouldn't want it any other way:):):)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, that is such a sweet mini! I love your journaling for each child.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melinda, this is stunning. Your beautiful journaling has given me leaky seams...so touching. You createx an awesome mini album, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sunny and sweet! I just love the bright palette you used for this gorgeous mini album!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Melinda, this is divine. I adore the bright colour palette and all that journaling. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete