Hampton Art | the faux chalkboard approach!

Friday, May 23, 2014

The days seem to be ticking by so quickly and we've come to the end of another week... thank goodness. The weekend is like a break from routine and although we don't get to sleep in, it still means I don't have to worry about school uniforms, lunch boxes and the general run around that goes on during the week days.

Today's card is something a bit different as I don't think I've ever dabbled in one of the current trends of the 'black-board look'. Actually to be honest, the last time I remember using a black-board was way back in school when I used to take great delight in running my fingernails down the classroom board and watching my fellow students cringe from the noise... such a model student!

DESIGNED FOR | Hampton Art
PROJECT | A Smile is the Prettiest Thing You can Wear card


The faux chalkboard was simply a matter of using a good quality white ink when stamping the image and then having some fun making a few smudges and smears. Simple but really effective!

I kept the black and white theme consistent across the card except for a touch of aqua to act as a highlight in breaking up the monotone.


SUPPLIES | Stamps:
Hampton Art/Jillibean Soup - Today is Full of Possible (JB0200)

Inks:
Colorbox Pigment Ink - Frost White

Other:
Hampton Art/Ki - Modern Elegance Paper Pack (WM0985)
Hampton Art/Ki - Modern Elegance Sticker Flip Pack (WM0993)
Hampton Art/Jillibean Soup - Chalkboard Flags (JB0106)
Hampton Art/Ki - Pastel Cardstock 6x6 Paper Pad (WM1060)
Neenah Solar White Cardstock
Doodlebug Mini Pearls
  post signature

5 comments:

  1. Simple and beautiful. Love the blue you added.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great...I don't know, good on you if you've found a good white ink....I'm still hunting...they frustrate me cos the half decent ones seem to take a year to dry.....so, there's my whinge for the week:):)!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. simple and elegant as always!

    ReplyDelete