Hampton Art | Thanks Card

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

I seriously need to concentrate on doing more generic cards for my stash which is rather depleted at the moment. So today's card is a simple 'thanks' card that can be used for just about anyone really. Now, you may have noticed already, but yes, that is watercolour... or perhaps an attempt at watercolour. I love watching trends come and go and sometimes I even attempt to give some of them a go. I've been putting watercolour at the back of the line because I hate getting messy at the best of times. Seems that the line got short very quickly and look what made it's way to the top of the list. Please don't be harsh with your judgement, I really did try.

DESIGNED FOR | Hampton Art
PROJECT | Thanks Card



I used a simple colour combination of pink and yellow as I wanted the card to be quite feminine yet soft and slightly understated. The vellum title strip accentuated that softness and allowed the sentiment to float over the doilie.


Now it wouldn't be me if I didn't change my mind on the design and end up adding or subtracting something from the original design. After I placed the doilie and sentiment in position I realised the card was very lopsided in visual appeal so balanced it out by placing a few watercolour splashes on the opposite side to complete the look.

SUPPLY LIST |

Cardstock
Neenah Solar White

PaperJillibean Soup: 'Birthday Bisque' - Bite Size Bits

Embellishments
Jillibean Soup: Wise Words - Yellow Sentiments
Jillibean Soup: Doilies

Other
Doodlebug: Epoxy Dots
Reeves Watercolours
Vellum


     post signature

5 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous.. looks really good to me.. I love water colors too, but have not yet had a go at them.. but I imagine they are addictive as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look you achieved on this card, the watercolours work a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, I love the watercolored flower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!!! the colours are divine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the soft watercolours and the use of vellum.

    ReplyDelete