Hampton Art | 'Use it or Lose it'

Friday, June 27, 2014

Thank goodness it's Friday!

Recently I had a little re-organise of my craft space and I realised just how much of it I don't use so I've made a conscious decision to 'use it or lose it'. So, I opened my drawer of embossing folders and decided that it was high time I gave them the attention they deserve.

DESIGNED FOR | Hampton Art
PROJECT | Hi Card



STEPS |
1. Firstly I cut and folded my card so that it measured 5" x 4" folded.
2. The patterned paper panel (5" x 3.75") was adhered using pop dots and positioned to the right of the card which allowed the 1/4" overhang on the left.
3. The white top panel (5" x 3.5") was embossed first and then adhered in position.
4. All the embellishing elements to the card were layered, again using foam pop dots and then to finish the card I added a few gems and then finally the die-cut wise word sticker sentiment.

PAPERS |
Hampton Art/Ki Memories - A Color Story Page Kit
Neenah Solar White Cardstock

EMBELLISHMENTS |
Hampton Art/Ki Memories - A Color Story Page Kit


  post signature

4 comments:

  1. Yup! I know EXACTLY what you're saying! Those embossing folders are spider homes for all I know! BRILL card - the hot air balloon is gorgeous......love that you embossed on white, for the bg too----- looks subtle but 'there' at the same time:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you went back to your embossing folders, you've inspired me with your mini tutorial as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great way to use the embossing folder! love this card..x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving your comments... it truly means so much to hear from you.

I would love to return the favour but sometimes you don't have blog details or an email address in your profile. So don't forget to put your blog or email at the end of your message so I can stop by.

Melinda x