Gosh, this must be a record... three posts within a week! I'm back today with a layout that was recently on the Chickaniddy blog for the September colour challenge. I have never scrapped my little sister before so I'm a bit sentimental about this one.
DESIGNED FOR | Chickaniddy
PROJECT | September Colour Challenge
LINK | HERE
1. Choosing the fall Bouquet patterned paper (flip side) as my background I marked out a large circle before stitching over a few randomly placed embellishments along the way.
2. The photos were mounted onto various pieces of patterned papers and stickers to create a layered effect before adhering to the background.
3. I then hand-cut various sized flowers from the Fall Bouquet (front side) before having a notion of making quilt-style leaves as a backdrop to the flowers. I hand drew a template for the leaves and cut in half so I could lay strips of patterned paper over each piece before trimming off the excess and mounting onto a larger leaf shape.
4. Next step was to add my heading using the alpha stickers and a few random rub-ons to create small sentiments aside from the title.
5. Finally I filled the gaps with various clusters of embellishments, stickers and brads to balance out the design before adding a final touch of ink splatters.
SUPPLY LIST | Scrumptious - Fall Bouquet (SC140S01), Home Sweet Home (SC140S02), Check Please (SC140S09), New Harvest (SC140S10), Frolic In The Leaves (SC140S11). Sticker Sheet (SC14EB02), Alpha Stickers (SC14EB02), Joural Tags (SC14EB03), Die-Cut Tags (SC14EB04), Mini Stickers Banners (SC14EB05), Mini Stickers Tags (SC14EB06), Mini Stickers Sentiments (SC14EB07), Mini Brads (SC14EB08)