Blue Jeans and Cowboys

Thursday, May 28, 2015

I was truly overwhelmed with the beautiful response to my previous post
 in regards to what has been going on in my life for the past six months. Thank you so much for leaving such heartfelt comments!


I am also truly thankful for having these two cowboys in my life but I'm also thankful for the 'flip-side' of patterned papers! At first glance you would think the Chickaniddy Scrumptious collection to be quite feminine but lurking in the background are gorgeous colours and patterns that are perfect for the boys!


Here are the products I used for my layout:


Supply List: Scrumptious - Back to School (SC14OS04), Check Please (SC14OS09), Fall Bouquet (SC14OS01), Hay Ride (SC14OS05), Home Sweet Home (SC14OS02), New Harvest (SC14OS10), Nutmeg (SC14OS07). Alpha Stickers (SC14EB02), Die Cut Tags (SC14EB04), Enamel Stickers -  Stars (SC14EB09), Journal Tags (SC14EB03), Mini Brads (SC14EB08).

Layout Recipe:

1. I chose a selection of four different papers and cut 1.5" x 1" rectangles to create my patchwork pattern which I adhered on a diagonal for something a little different.





2. I trimmed a strip of the denim paper to act as a border across the top of the patchwork and added some stitching, a belt keeper and a few brads to resemble the top of denim jeans.


3. I have never shied away from adding flowers to a boys layout however I didn't want to go too overboard on this one seeing as it was about my two cowboys. I kept the flowers to an absolute minimum and used punched leaves, brads and stars to fill in the gaps.


4. My son's shirt had small stripes of mustard yellow which opened up the opportunity to add a bright contrasting colour to the earthy colours in the heading and the smaller leaves. Lastly I added a few splatters of blue ink to soften the edges of the layout.


Thank you for stopping by today and hopefully I've given you some inspiration to flip those papers over and see what new ideas can come from the outside of the box.
  post signature

5 comments:

  1. Great use of those papers- & the denim stripe is fabulous! I really like the diagonal thing... You have so much more patience than me!!! Lovely LO:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of the leaves and stars to embellish your masculine page. I struggle with these sorts of pages and you have inspired me as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything about this is beautiful! Love the denim, great soft masculine,colours and,adorable photos too.. Love the country feel... A fav for sure! Take care..

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are really a wizard when it comes to patterned papers....this is so pretty. Love the quilt effect of the patterned papers...and the belt effect below the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another incredible layout! Loving the pattern you created and the adorable belt loop you added--Such a fun detail! :)

    ReplyDelete