YOU'RE BOOTIFUL | DOODLEBUG DESIGN

Sunday, October 1, 2017

Every year around October I secretly wish we celebrated Halloween here on the farm in Australia so I could join my fellow USA design team friends and scrap some fantastic 'trick or treating' pics. Alas, I have to rely on my daughter who usually does something once or twice a year that qualifies as an 'almost' Halloween pic. She hasn't let met down yet, although I do believe I'm going to be in a fair amount of trouble for making this photo of her so public.


I'm crushing on the colour scheme of the new Doodlebug Design 'BooVille' collection as they have added pink and blue to the standard colour palette of purple, orange, black and green for the October 31 Holiday. I will never knock back the addition of pink to any collection.


One of my favourite new products... Glitter Sprinkles! They are so pretty and add that extra sparkle without getting glitter all over yourself! And of course I can never say no to stars... so much so that the small scattering of stars I had originally drawn on my sketch somehow transpired into a full blown moon shape by the time I finished adding all the stars and sprinkles.


How sweet is this acetate spider web from the BooVille Odds & Ends pack? Some people shy away from using clear pieces due to the difficulty in adhering them without the glue or pop dot being seen. I tend to work in layers so always hide my adhesives underneath a top layer. And can you spy that wee little spider with his cute purple eyes... he comes from the new Silly Spider Shaped Sprinkles.




Just in case you were wondering... no, I cannot write that neat and I've yet to find a white pen that is 100% opaque so I raided my trusty stash of Doodlebug mini rub-ons. Although they are no longer available they can still be found lurking around some on-line stores, if you're lucky. Otherwise let me know if you come across a really good opaque white pen as I'd love to have a recommendation.

post signature

3 comments:

  1. This is the first time I came to this blog and I found some relevant stuff here. Basically I keen to know new parameters of writing every-time and sometime it become really very hard to find such kind of platform.ไดคัต

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your creative approach to scrapbooking and capturing 'almost' Halloween moments is both charming and imaginative! The use of the Doodlebug Design 'BooVille' collection, especially with the addition of pink and blue, brings a delightful twist to the traditional Halloween color palette. The attention to detail, such as the Glitter Sprinkles and the clever layering to hide adhesives, showcases your artistic flair. The acetate spider web and the Silly Spider Shaped Sprinkles add a playful touch. Your resourcefulness in using mini rub-ons for neat writing is impressive. For an extra touch of visual finesse, consider exploring a "photo cut out service" to enhance the overall presentation of your scrapbooking masterpieces. Keep up the fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete