Scrapping Our Fur-Babies Too! | Jillibean Soup

Thursday, May 17, 2018

Preserving memories is important for looking back on what life was like through each stage of our lives and pets for most people are an important part of that journey. Especially now that I have my very own little dog. I've always been a cat person until this little guy came to live with us and now he is my little shadow and friend that fills the void with having the kids at school and work.

When my very first design team box arrived from Jillibean Soup it didn't take me long to find the adorable pooch icon in amongst the 2 Cool For School collection so it got me thinking that it was time I did another layout for Dusty!
I drew a rough sketch of how I wanted the design to look and at first I was going to use Jillibean's paw cut file with patterned paper and adhere to the page to make the paw. However, I wasn't happy with how it was looking so I ended up using the paw as a template to create stitching holes around the layout and grabbed my new ombre thread that just happened to be the perfect color combination. Speaking of stitching, I also added some faux stitching using a white pen along patterned paper strips which is a much quicker way of adding that stitched look without having to thread a needle. Let's just say, after doing the paw I was all stitched out!
I love to add lots of layers on my projects to add that feeling of depth and dimension plus the extra embellishments of sequins, wood pieces and puffy stickers add even more lift. Shaped paper clips are also an excellent way to focus on important words like the word 'bone' in my journaling!
Tip: Journaling doesn't always have to be handwritten or even on white cardstock. I decided I really wanted to match the teal color from the patterned paper to also be the background color for my journaling. So I went to the Jillibean Soup website and saved a picture of the patterned paper I was using and then used that to select the color for my journaling.

Supplies:
Jillibean Soup
Patterned Paper:  2 Cool For School/Too Legit, Wild Child, Boys Rule
Coordinating Cardstock Stickers:  Bohemain Brew, 2 Cool For School
Adhesive Sequins:  Green Apple, Gray Melon
Wood Veneer:  Flower, Words
Puffy Stickers:  2 Cool For School
Day2Day Shaped Paper Clips:  
Washi Tape:  Note This

Other:  white cardstock, ombre embroidery thread, white gel pen.



3 comments:

  1. This is SUPER creative! Not only is it an adorable pooch page but the paw is ah-maz-ing! So glad I saw this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marci, that's very sweet and made my day.

      Delete
  2. I love your embellishment clusters and how you did your journaling with the teal background. Great layout!

    ReplyDelete