25 Days of Christmas Tags | Day 19 - JILLIBEAN SOUP

Monday, November 19, 2018


Welcome to Day 19 of "25 Days of Christmas Tags" - I'm delighted to be part of this wonderful concept created by Tracey McNeely. So, if you are visiting here for the first time you can find all the link up details and entry information HERE.
Today's sponsor is Jillibean Soup and as one of their design team members I'm honoured to be participating with a little tag I created just for today's event.

My tag was actually inspired by the Shape Shaker Program from Jillibean Soup as I really loved the Star Shaker and thought it would make a lovely addition to the top of a Christmas tree. I used the Star Shaker Card and cut it down to size for use as the tag front before adding the Star Shaker and filling it with Shaker Filler - Wood Veneer Stars and blue sequin stars.


And, as I've been rather addicted to hand stitching on my projects of late, I thought the little tree part of the tag would look really sweet in an ombre green/turquoise thread. It was also a perfect match for the brand new 'All About Plaid 6x8 Paper Pad' which I used the green and turquoise as a border edge for the tag.
Jillibean Soup are not only the Day 19 giveaway sponsor they are also part of this wonderful group of amazing contributors to the '25 Days of Christmas Tags' event.


For full details on how to enter the giveaway and also to view all the other wonderful Christmas Tag inspiration head over to the official blog HERE!










27 comments:

  1. This is so awesome Melinda. The flossed stitched tree is a perfect match to the plaid background and the star shaker.....OMG, I don't own any of these shaped shakers but you have given me new reason to want for them... Haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teresa, thank you so much for your kind words. And, yes the shape shakers are so amazing and honestly the easiest things to use too!

      Delete
  2. WOW! This is amazing! I love how the star is the shaker!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Meghan, that is a really sweet thing to say.

      Delete
  3. The hadnstitched tree is just fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful! I love the stitched tree and then to have the star filled star shaker as a topper - brilliant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing tag! Love the color combination and plaid always makes me happy. Gorgeous texture from the stitching and shaker element.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think plaid makes us all happy. Thank you Dana for your lovely comments.

      Delete
  6. Fantastic tag.
    Love the stitching.
    Adding the wood stars in the
    shaker is a great idea. I
    wish sequins came in many
    more shapes. Great tag.
    thanks for sharing
    txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary for stopping by and for leaving such a lovely comment.

      Delete
  7. I love the stitching on here - makes your tag really unique.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The stitched tree is wonderful and really gives the tag that hand-made look. The star shaker is a fun tree topper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandy, thank you for leaving such a lovely comment.

      Delete
  9. There are so many things to love about this darling tag. I'm loving the stitching, and the cute JilliBean Soup shaker elements. A really stunning tag and a very inspiring piece of art.
    Blessings,
    Karen Letchworth
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, you've made my day, that is just such a lovely comment, thank you.

      Delete
  10. It wasn't until I saw your closeup, that I realized you'd used little wooden stars in your shaker! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love using the little wooden shaker fillers as it gives everything such an organic look and feeling. Thanks so much Karen.

      Delete
  11. What a darling tag! The shaker star worked perfectly for your stitched tree. I miss stitching; I'm hoping to do some after the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the design and the wonderful details!

    ReplyDelete