Another silly idea!

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Every now and again I get a silly idea in my head that leads to a project causing me grief or taking me days and days to finish. I think the last time I came up with such a project I ended up with blisters on my thumb, the time before I had red paint all over my floorboards and I vaguely remember a card that took me almost 24 hours to make... well you get the idea! Now, I can happily say that since my little man came into the world I haven't had time to think up such bizarre creations. However, not long before he was born, I created a paper roll potpourri basket which was featured (complete with tutorial) on the Doodlebug blog HERE. I just haven't had the opportunity to share on my blog.

So without further ado... I present another whacky-time consuming-but fun project!

 





















I won't lie... these rolls are quite time consuming but the process is relaxing and well worth the effort once it's done. So, if you would like to have a go then head over to the Doodlebug blog HERE where you can find the tutorial on how I created the project.

From farm to you...
 

8 comments:

  1. Oh wow that is awesome! Oh I am so hearing ya on the "silly ideas"! My DD overlooking my shoulders is well impressed with it;)
    And if I haven't caught up with you since ... CONGRATS on the arrival of your little man :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Melinda you are so clever! Off to check out the tutorial, TFS!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really cool!! You always have great projects!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW ... what else
    That was my first expression when I saw the creativity. Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful, Melinda! I can only imagine how long it must have taken to create all of those paper rolls, but the end result is worth it. I enjoyed reading your post; I certainly have had cards that take days to complete! But once in a while I can make a card in half an hour, so I suppose it all balances out :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just picking my jaw off the floor......

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh girl, you are just amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL...I love those silly ideas that take days to complete! I love this bowl... i get my girls to make these types of bowls in the holidays with air drying clay. They make little round balls and place them in a lined bowl with cling wrap. They are so cute all painted up.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving your comments... it truly means so much to hear from you.

I would love to return the favour but sometimes you don't have blog details or an email address in your profile. So don't forget to put your blog or email at the end of your message so I can stop by.

Melinda x