Trendspotting Triangles!

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The past couple of weeks I've been partaking in a Trendspotting course over at Studio Calico and it's been a rather intensive look at the latest trends and incorporating them into your style. The first class was all about triangles and to be perfectly honest, I can't ever remember using a triangle on my creations!

Now, let me just say I spent quite some time trying to conjure up a triangle that would work with my style... nothing came to mind! So I was immensely relieved to be given the opportunity to use a supplied cutting file from the class. However, I don't have a cutting machine that worked with the file so I used my other cutting machine... ME!


Instead of using the spiral triangle file with a cutting machine I printed it out onto A4 paper and hand cut each little triangle so I could use the paper as a mask. Using Pan Pastels I created a gradient of grey around the mask.


I took this photo of my daughter at our local park and she was inside a bright yellow pipe, however the shape was perfect for using with the spiral so I printed the photo in black and white and simply used the cut out shape of my daughter minus the pipe.





Products Used:
Studio Calico Classic Collection - Tiny Chevrons
Studio Calico Heyday Collection - Ethereal, Dew
Studio Calico Wood Veneer - Butterflies
Mist Huey's Color Mist - Water Cooler
American Crafts Sunset Chipboard Thickers
Pan  Pastels - Neutral Grey Tint, Paynes Grey, Neutral Grey
MFT Stamps Die-Namics - Royal Leaves, Mini Rolled Roses
Doodlebug Mini Pearls

From farm to you...
 

15 comments:

  1. Wow, so gorgeous and with such interesting design!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another stunning design Melinda! Love your unique ideas. You definitely have the patience of a saint. Lol! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow this is stunning...so creative and fun..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously amazing!!! I love your work so much! This is gorgeous!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! I'm not sure I understand how you did the spiral, but WOW! LOVE it to pieces! Such a beautiful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That is awesome. I'm sure it took a lot of time to get all those triangles cut but it turned out fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you are insane, but I love this design :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my word....you cut ALL OF THEM out???? Are you crazy?????? :) I just love how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness girl you are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now that's wht I call commitment! Amazing..but looks FABULOUS. Great to think outside the box, I reckon:):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You always make the best pages!! I am constantly pinning your work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving your comments... it truly means so much to hear from you.

I would love to return the favour but sometimes you don't have blog details or an email address in your profile. So don't forget to put your blog or email at the end of your message so I can stop by.

Melinda x