Layout Tutorial!

Thursday, June 6, 2013

There was allot of oooo-ing and ahhhh-ing when I first saw the new Jillibean Placemats because I'd been eyeing off all sorts of backgrounds that crafters were creating using their Silhouette cutting machines and I hadn't yet taken the plunge. So I applaud Jillibean for creating a product that has given everyone the opportunity to enjoy this fun trend of using a cut-out background.


I love this photo of Teddy because he was having such fun trying to touch the bubbles that I was blowing yet he'd pull his little hand back at the last minute as he was unsure of what would happen. He had such good fun and I ended up with a nice clean kitchen floor after mopping away all the excess soap from the bubble mixture... usually I HATE mopping!


A little fake stitching and a few splatters of Mist.




I printed my journaling onto a sheet of vellum as I didn't want the patterned paper underneath to disappear.


If you would like a few tips on using the Placemats and see how I put this layout together then head over to the Jillibean Blog which you can find HERE.

post signature

10 comments:

  1. That is an adorable layout!!! I applaud Jillibean Soup for making these placemats. I do not have a Silhouette machine, and have been envious of these designs--these are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous as always Melinda...♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is truly gorgeous Melinda. I love this sweet and happy photo of your little Teddy. This is such a perfect way to showcase the photo...and I can imagine mopping the floor after was a breeze. Isn't it amazing how much happiness the small things give both our little ones and also us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very, very clever - gorgeous colours & I love how you journaled in the circle with the vellum. You'd better send Teddy here, so I can get a clean floor too [moan, groan to housework!!!].....might have to try some sort a bg like this on the Silly machine now.....!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, what a gorgeous layout!! The circle cutout background is perfect for your layout about bubbles & the photo of your son is just too cute!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are simply AHHHHHHMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this layout! You are seriously amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm ooohing.... and aaaaahing.... and looooving!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving your comments... it truly means so much to hear from you.

I would love to return the favour but sometimes you don't have blog details or an email address in your profile. So don't forget to put your blog or email at the end of your message so I can stop by.

Melinda x