Well it seems that everyone has a soft spot for cake because the followers for my Pinterest Cake board almost doubled after I posted in regard to how I use the decorated cake photos for inspiration. I'm happy to report that I've been 'caking' again and that doesn't mean 'eating' because the last thing I need is to be adding unwanted calories to the waist-line.
DESIGNED FOR | Hampton Arts
PROJECT | Oh So Happy Card
WHERE THE INSPIRATION CAME FROM | Pinterest
And here's a photo of the cake that sparked the idea.
STEP X STEP |
1. Cut and fold white cardstock to create a 6" x 4" side opening card.
2. Cut a piece of white cardstock to 5.5" x 3.5".
3. Cut a piece of patterned paper to 3.25" x 3.25"
4. Using a piece of white cardstock off-cut stamp two flower images in red ink and hand cut when dry.
5. Adhere the patterned paper square to the top section of your single white cardstock using foam pop dots.
6. Adhere both flower images to your patterned paper piece using pop dots and overlap slightly.
7. Using black ink stamp the 'Oh So Happy' image onto the bottom portion of the single white cardstock.
8. Adhere the single piece of white cardstock to the main card using foam pop dots.
9. Place Black Pearls onto the centre of each flower and add a small white dot to each using a white paint pen.
10. Scatter and adhere sequins randomly to create a balanced look to your card.
SUPPLY LIST | Hampton Art Licensed Echo Park Stamp Set - Bundle of Joy
ColorBox Pigment Ink - Beetleblack
ColorBox Pigment Ink - Ladybug
KI - Best Friends Patterned Paper (KI10056)
Neenah Solar White Cardstock
Greatest View Sequins
Doodlebug Mini Pearls - Beetleblack