Monday, October 28, 2013

Can't help myself...

Ever since I was young I have always enjoyed the concept of the collage... so much so that I even decorated the walls of an entire room in pictures I'd cut from magazines to create a mega collage. So it's no surprise that I still enjoy putting bits and pieces together in my scrapbooking and more recently lots and lots of bits and pieces.

DESIGNED FOR | Doodlebug Design
PROJECT | Make Life a Big Adventure Layout


WHERE THE IDEA CAME FROM | Actually I can credit myself on this one because I had so much fun creating this shadow box for my youngest son that I had to play around with the concept again.


THE PROCESS | Basically I traced around a small bread and butter plate with an embossing tool to leave a faint outline of the circle on my layout and then filled it in with stickers, die-cuts and epoxy dots. It takes no time at all and is lots of fun using up all those little bits and pieces that wouldn't necessarily get used.



THE STORY | We lost our beloved horse Cisco earlier this year so I've been putting together a bit of a book to pay homage to his life with us.


PRODUCT LIST | Doodlebug - Happy Harvest
Patterned Paper: Garden Grown, Apple Orchard, Forest of Friends, Sunflower
Mini Doodlepops: Shades of Fall, Owlettes
Stickers: This & That, Icons, Quotes
Sprinkles: Fall, Halloween, Bumblebee, Tangerine, Limeade, Ladybug
Rub-ons: Simply Sweet Bon Bon,
post signature

18 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, those are uhhhhMAZing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this concept. Beautiful work. I may have to try this so i can use up bits and pieces I have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful LO and a lovely idea for keeping the memories.
    The collage is so pretty. I love the way you blocked the colours for the LO while the Hallowe'en shadowbox is a fun mix-up. Both look awesome!
    Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I saw your beautiful layout, I thought that I've already seen it somewhere, and I was pretty sure that I pinned something like this...And I was right ! I pinned... YOUR gorgeous layout ! Apparently, it was firstly pinned from Doodlebug blog (not by me, I've just repinned it).
    Really gorgeous ! I also loved the Halloween home decor... You're SO talented, visiting your blog is such a great pleasure !

    ReplyDelete
  5. You knock my socks off girl! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous layout. I love the collage effect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome layout!!! I loved your picture so much and I'm glad to see that it's also inspired this layout! Brilliant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this looks wonderful.. I love the angle of the photo and love the circle filled with gorgeous leaves and embellies..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!!! This is awesome!!! What a great idea. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really gorgeous & hands up here for the covering the wall bit...but mine's NOT artistic - just stuff I like all shoved together...in my scrap room...then I decided to mod podge it to the wall cos the blue tack kept coming off......I'm NOT a neat tidy scrapper!!!! But I DO LOVE your neat tidy work:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the layout! Seriously cool way to design your background. Your monster pic was so cute, too. I think I may try this idea at my next crop. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE it!! Super cute photo too...x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Mindy, that's such a clever design! Great memory and seasonal layout too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You've got such stunning ideas Melinda! I love this design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both projects are fabulous! You amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wyjątkowo oryginalne prace prace, świetnie opracowane kolorystycznie. Pozdrawiam :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stopped by to see what wonderful new things you've shared.... noticed you haven't posted since October. Hope all is well. Wishing you and your family a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving your comments... it truly means so much to hear from you.

I would love to return the favour but sometimes you don't have blog details or an email address in your profile. So don't forget to put your blog or email at the end of your message so I can stop by.

Melinda x