JOT Mini Challenge...

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Greatest View and JOT magazine's design teams have teamed up to put together the latest mini challenge on the JOT blog. The theme is 'Greatest View' which can be anything from literally scrapping a photo of a wonderful view somewhere or could be a layout celebrating an event and your view of it, or even an everyday moment that is a great view. Greatest view are also sponsoring the challenge so you have the opportunity to win a gorgeous prize from the Etsy store.

DESIGNED FOR | Greatest View/JOT magazine
PROJECT | Life's a Climb Layout


MY TAKE ON THE CHALLENGE | “Music forms a big part of my family and a song I hear being hummed and sung around the house is Life’s a Climb by Miley Cyrus… which led me to a line she spoke during her movie that became a very fitting title for my layout… ‘Life’s a Climb, But The View is Great’...”




PRODUCT HIGHLIGHT | Viva La Glam by Adornit. I am a sucker for transparencies, especially when they come with beautiful designs, colours and patterns. The new Viva La Glam collection from Adornit just happens to have the most gorgeous transparent stickers and the only thing I didn't like about them... I used the entire sheet and now have none left *insert sad face*.



SUPPLY LIST | Greatest View Flair Badges
Greatest View Sequins
Adornit Viva La Glam - Viva Bouquet patterned paper
Adornit Viva La Glam - Stickers
Adornit Viva La Glam - Little Moments Stickers
Adornit Viva La Glam - Clear Stickers Gorgeous
Jillibean Soup Alphabeans - Pink/Green
Doodlebug Tri-colour Vellum - Pistachio
American Crafts - Card Stock White
Cotton Thread
Vellum
post signature

24 comments:

  1. this is so gorgeous!!!!!! i could look at it all day! :-0

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful page! Terrific layering and build up of colour with the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I saw this over there & thought how soft & gorgeous it was then...I'm slowly getting my 'vellum' on, shall we say....transparency does add something extra, for sure:):) Love this one...great pic, too:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning!! I love how you've used the transparent stickers. What a gorgeous layout!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. stunning!! absolutely stunning..x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous layout! Love the kind of cascade of elements! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So soft and pretty with those gorgeous transparent elements Melinda - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is sooo beautiful!
    Love it.
    Hug
    :))

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is utterly gorgeous!! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your photo is so totally adorable. I love the soft colours and the flow of your layout. Stunning as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I discovered your blog and I love what you do! This layout is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Melinda this is just gorgeous! I was going to ask your permission to lift, but cannot find Viva La Glam by Adornit anywhere on the internet to purchase! TFS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gaby you are more than welcome to scraplift the layout and I will let you know where you can purchase Viva La Glam from when I find out from the Adornit crew. :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much Melinda, you are awesome !! :)

      Delete
    3. Hi Gaby, have a link for you so that you can get your hands on the Viva La Glam collection. http://adornit.com/scrapbooking/scrapbooking-collections/viva-la-glam/

      Delete
    4. I got it! Thanks a million Melinda!

      Delete
  13. What gorgeous papers - but they don't seem to exist to purchase anywhere?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll find out where they can be purchased from and get back to you. :)

      Delete
  14. This is a bit different for you Melinda but I love it!! Adorable photo too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Melinda, I'm your latest follower, I met you at the Heidi Swapp day in Melbourne. Your work is just beautiful and I look forward to your future creations.

    ReplyDelete