Tone-On-Tone with a hint of Wood!

Monday, March 31, 2014

Today I'm sharing a card that was recently on the Hampton Art blog and believe it or not... it's quite restrained for me! No funny critters, no eye-balls or spiders dangling from the card, not even a bright colour or splash of glitter to be seen!


I tried to keep the card very subtle by using white on white with only a hint of colour in the wood pieces. The chevron background and sentiment are both stamped and embossed in white.


SUPPLIES | Stamps:
Hampton Art/Canvas Corp - Home Basics (IC0302)
Hampton Art/Jillibean Soup - Cold Avacado Soup (JB0129)

Inks:
Colorbox Pigment Ink - Frost White
Colorbox Emossing Powder - White

Other:
Jillibean Soup - Large Wood Shapes
Doodlebug - Epoxy Dots
Neenah Solar White Card Stock
Embroidery Thread


post signature

10 comments:

  1. I really love the idea of tone on tone but have never tried it, I think you've inspired me to have a go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, that's stunning! You have used restraint to fantastic effect! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's very very pretty & quite sophisticated & refined. I reckon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just lovely Melinda I especially love that bundle of thread under the wooden butterfly, so on trend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning in its simplicity and clean lines.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your card - so pretty in the white on white!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Melinda
    I'd love you to visit my blog and take part if you'd like. If the link doesn't work just copy it into your browser.
    http://kiandra-kreations.blogspot.com.au/2014/04/leibster-awards-passing-it-on.html

    ReplyDelete