Dusting off those punches!

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Electronic cutting machines have certainly taken the craft industry by storm over recent years but that doesn't mean we can't dust off the old hand held punch to create fun designs on our projects. It just takes a crazy idea to reinvent the wheel, a leaf punch and some seriously cute Doodlebug Swiss Dots paper in dreamy shades of pastel.
Introducing my (dust free) leaf punch and using the bold side of the new Swiss Dots patterned paper I punched a whole pile of leaves in six different shades. Let me just say, I had a desk full of leaves and a very sore hand when finished.
I wanted to have one side of the leaf more prominent than the other so I cut little slits along the edge that would overlap each leaf.
I cut a circle template to use as a guide and began by adhering each leaf starting from the outer most edge and working my way into the middle of the wheel.
At first I thought it was going to take an eternity, however it actually came together quite quickly once I had worked out a system.
I was really pleased with the finished piece and to be honest a little nervous to move onto the next step of embellishing because I had planned on adding some hand stitching and I knew that I couldn't make a mistake as I truly didn't want to redo all that work... my sore hand would never forgive me.
Fortunately everything went smoothly as I added more layers of embellishments finishing with the journaling using Doodlebug rub-ons and a scatter of sprinkles that match the Swiss Dots paper perfectly.
Ingredients:

I hope today's post has given you some ideas on using the new Doodlebug Swiss Dots patterned paper and also some inspiration for dusting off your old punches again.
Thanks for stopping by - Melinda post signature

8 comments:

  1. Wow this looks amazing, love the leaves layered like that..

    ReplyDelete
  2. تعرف معنا الان علي خدمات صيانة وستنجهاوس والتي تقدم علي ايدي فريق متخصص في اعمال الصيانة الفورية من خلال خبراء صيانة وايت وستنجهاوس والتي تعمل باحدث الطرق والاساليب وباقل الاسعار من خلال اكبر توكيبل معتمد في مصر توكيل وستنجهاوس تواصل معنا الان .

    ReplyDelete
  3. الان يمكنك الاعتماد علي مؤسسة ابراج دبي في توفير شركة مكافحة حشرات بالاحساء كبري تعمل باحدث الادوات وباقل الاسعار علي ايدي فريق متخصص يقوم باستخدام مواد لرش الحشرات والقضاء عليها بسرعه

    ReplyDelete
  4. يمكنك الان الحصول علي افضل الخدمات من خلال شركه حراسات امنية اليت تعمل باحدث الطرق والاساليب في حماية وتامين اهم الشخصيات في شركه امن وحراسة بمصر وباقل التكاليف التي تعمل بها شركات الحراسة الاخري

    ReplyDelete
  5. تواصل مع دار مسنين بمدينة نصر المتخصص في اعمال الرعاية الصحية والنفسية لكبار السن ومن خلال بعض المرافقين المتواجدون في دار مسنين بالمعادي حيث انهم مدربين علي الرعاية اللازمة للمسنين من خلال الاطباء والممرضين المتخصصيين في دار مسنين بمصر الجديدة وباقل التكاليف الممكنه في مصر .

    ReplyDelete

  6. ان توكيل كريازي يتيح لكم امكانية شراء الاجهزة المنزلية باطول فترة ضمان والتي قد تصل الي 5 سنوات ,كما اننا نوفر لكم رقم صيانة كريازي كي تستفسروا عن اي شئ ترغبون فيه مثلا فروع خدمة الدعم الفني ,ونوفر لكم صيانة كريازي افضل خدمات الصيانة في مصر باعلي كفاءة ممكنه
    http://www.kiriazi-maintenance.com

    ReplyDelete


  7. مع افضل خدمة تصميم مواقع الكترونية من اشهر شركة تصميم مواقع والتي تساعدكم في الحصول علي الموقع الذي ترغبون فيه باعلي كفاءةو ممكنه

    http://www.swaqny.com/Web-Design

    ReplyDelete
  8. مع افضل خدمة صيانة تكييفات كاريير مع مركز صيانة كاريير ويمكنكم التواصل مع خدمة العملاء الخاصة بصيانة كاريير عبر رقم صيانة كاريير في اي وقت ممكن
    http://www.carrier-maintenance.com

    ReplyDelete